Opportunities to Volunteer
Establish relationships with your local businesses while distributing and maintaining LDAA brochures to those locations.
Support Group Assistant - Calgary & Edmonton
Help set up, take down, sign in.
Ways to Volunteer
Volunteer at an awareness event!
- You will find various opportunities at each event for various abilities
- If you don’t see anything that interests you, contact us!
Facilitate a Support Group in your area or offer your assistance with sign-in, set-up, take-down and any other duties that may be needed at an ongoing Support Group
- Bike Shops
- Outdoor Outfitting shops
- Camping & Hiking Stores
- Health Food Stores
- Community Centres
- Notice boards (indoor & outdoor)
- Hiking trails
- Tourist areas; information booths
- Your local Farmer’s Markets
- Physician Offices
- Anywhere you can think of to help offer information on Lyme disease!
Plan an awareness event in your neighbourhood
- Farmer’s Markets
- School presentations
- Community hall presentations/speakers
- Boy Scouts/Girl Guides
- Outdoors clubs
- Documentary screenings
- Informational barbeques
- Workplace awareness tables, etc…
If you plan to collect donations on behalf of the Lyme Disease Association of Alberta (LDAA), it’s important to have signage so donors understand where their money is being donated. LDAA cannot offer tax receipts but is legally incorporated under the Alberta Societies Act.
How can I help from home?
- Email your provincial & federal representatives to alert them to ticks, Lyme, and Lyme patients in your community. Don’t forget the Ministers of Health.
- Sign up for LDAA’s free newsletter to stay informed! And share the information with family & friends
- Donate to the Lyme Disease Association of Alberta (LDAA) in honour of a loved one or for May Awareness Month and encourage others to match your donation.
- Write your story of having or knowing someone with a tick-borne disease and share it with the LDAA.
- Follow LDAA on Facebook & Twitter and share the posts