So, why did AHS withdraw from these programs? AHS advised LDAA that it would be a conflict of interest for AHS presenters to participate in a presentation where not all content was in line with AHS policies. LDAA was further advised that no reference to AHS or use of AHS logos would be permitted in the presentation.
We are grateful to the South Health Campus Wellness Centre and members of the General Internal Medicine Clinic for their partnership. The LDAA is highly disappointed that this program will not be proceeding.
This was an opportunity to share important information with Albertans about the risks of Lyme disease and how to protect our families from this devastating illness. The Lyme Disease Association of Alberta is fully committed to advancing this cause and will continue to represent Alberta Lyme patients and the best interest of Albertans.
We welcome your comments on this matter: EMAIL THE LDAA
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED:
Two collaborative presentations about Lyme disease
the Lyme Disease Association of Alberta (LDAA)
in collaboration with Alberta Health Services (AHS)
Key effort by the Wellness Centre at Calgary's South Health Campus
This event is a first of its kind & everyone is welcome to attend!
These are 2 separate sessions.
Monday, April 3 (7 - 8:30 p.m.)
Wednesday, May 3 (10 - 11:30 a.m.)
Both programs are held at South Health Campus
180031 - 4448 Front St SE
The attendance at these presentations will determine the availability of future programs plus additional offerings of support and resources.
- What is Lyme Disease?
- Methods of transmission
- Exposure risk to Albertans (not just in the countryside!)
- Testing options & treatment basics for various stages of infectious disease
- What to do if you think you may have Lyme disease
- Resources for patients
- And more!
These programs have been developed for ALL backgrounds -
- Anyone new to the topic
- Those who suspect Lyme disease/possible misdiagnosis
- Current patients/caregivers in search of more information and resources (acute or chronic)
- Families & friends of those with chronic illness to aid in understanding more about the illness
- People at higher risk of contraction - outdoor workers, outdoor enthusiasts (see this link)
- Health & wellness professionals
- Any other interested party
- Your group or business is welcome to join
Registration may be limited so please book your spot today!
or call 403-956-3939
Program Providers: AHS Medical Specialty Clinics & Lyme Disease Association of Alberta (LDAA)
Spring-Summer 2017 Program Guide (Program listing is on page 5)